Catholic Devotions Meme
1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
Kat: Chaplet of the Divine Mercy and Liturgy of the Hours
Michael: Liturgy of the Hours and Scripture reading
2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
Michael: St. Louis de Monfort’s total consecration
3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
Michael and Kat: Scapular, Miraculous Medal and cross.
4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Kat: No, I keep forgetting to get some
5. Do you ‘offer up’ your sufferings?
6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
Kat: No. Although I try to go to Mass every Saturday, I just don’t think intentionally of the First Saturday devotion.
Michael: At the school where I teach, we observe First Fridays.
7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?
Kat: Yes, more than twice a week.
Michael: I always intend to go, but only occasionally do.
8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
Michael and Kat: Definitely Sunday morning! Sundays don’t seem to be kept holy when they do not begin with the Liturgy.
9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Michael and Kat: Always.
10. Favorite Saint(s)?
Kat: St. Augustine, St. Francis de Sales, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Francis and St. Clare of Assisi…
Michael: St. Francis of Assisi, St. Augustine, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Andrew, St. John Chrysostom, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Edith Stein, St. Josemaria Escriva
11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
Michael and Kat: Yes, and we never confuse it with the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed.
12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Michael: Yes, they are often the most uplifting
13. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?